Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Helium

Helium, the second most abundant element in the universe, was discovered on the sun before it was found on the earth by Pierre-Jules-César Janssen, a French astronomer.


One of my favorite musicians recently released another solo album. From his first track I hear an excellent life motto. "Everything I do gonna be funky from now on...just to be myself and do my thing, a little soul can do you no harm." The headache I've been cursing all morning starts to dissipate as I dwell on those words.

I'm not sure what it means to be funky for anyone else, but for me, it's walking on my own path, swinging to my own groove, and feeling in harmony with the world in my own skin. It helps to practice at some level, a bit of mindless (or would that be mindful?) bliss.

I can not solve the troubles of this world, but I don't have to add negative energy to it. So I'm going to be myself and do my own thing. You do yours, too.

2 comments:

Catcha said...

Nice thoughts. I have never considered myself funky, but using your definition I guess I am now!!

susanbudig said...

SirD, glad to have you visit this place. IMO, anyone who walks to his or her own rhythm is funky as heck. ;-)